The NIMH Lodge

A new and improved Lodge for NIMH fans everywhere!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 18, 2015 - There is a new Secret of NIMH website called The Secret of NIMH Source. Take a look!

Share | 

Forum Update: July 2, 2015 9:19 PM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder

PostSubject: Forum Update: July 2, 2015 9:19 PM   Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 pm

Coinciding with today's website update, the forum has received a few minor changes as well.

For the past week, I have been experimenting with the forum host's built-in forum skin editor to create a NIMH-themed skin. It has been at the bottom of my priority list for the longest time, but having recently completing my college course, I found time to begin working on a more visually appealing skin. So far, I have created some assets and some basic colors to match the theme. However, there are still plenty of icons that need to be made to replace the ones that come with the default skin.

The current plan is to create a basic skin based off of Mrs. Brisby's amulet. When it's ready for use and if it gets decent criticism, I will possibly plan another NIMH-themed skin based off of a character or location from the film. Stay tuned for a preview!

Forum update #7 July 2, 2015 9:19 PM:

-Added a custom Favicon for the forum. You may have to clear your browser cache to see it!
-Added several forum icon assets to use for the upcoming NIMH-themed forum skin!
-Added, renamed and rearranged positions to the forum post ranks. You can see the updated list in this thread.

Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update: July 2, 2015 9:19 PM   Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Nimhster wrote:
Coinciding with today's website update, the forum has received a few minor changes as well.

For the past week, I have been experimenting with the forum host's built-in forum skin editor to create a NIMH-themed skin. It has been at the bottom of my priority list for the longest time, but having recently completing my college course, I found time to begin working on a more visually appealing skin. So far, I have created some assets and some basic colors to match the theme. However, there are still plenty of icons that need to be made to replace the ones that come with the default skin.

The current plan is to create a basic skin based off of Mrs. Brisby's amulet. When it's ready for use and if it gets decent criticism, I will possibly plan another NIMH-themed skin based off of a character or location from the film. Stay tuned for a preview!

Forum update #7 July 2, 2015 9:19 PM:

-Added a custom Favicon for the forum. You may have to clear your browser cache to see it!
-Added several forum icon assets to use for the upcoming NIMH-themed forum skin!
-Added, renamed and rearranged positions to the forum post ranks. You can see the updated list in this thread.

Nice Icon!  I can see it in the tab!  Looking forward to seeing the rest of the new skin come together. Smile

It's A Rabbit! Rescore - The Secret of NIMH
It's A Rabbit! Rescore 2.0 - The Secret of NIMH
Flying Dreams MIDI Cover
Jeremy The Crow MIDI Cover
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Forum Update: July 2, 2015 9:19 PM
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NIMH Lodge :: Announcements-
Jump to: