The NIMH Lodge

A new and improved Lodge for NIMH fans everywhere!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 18, 2015 - There is a new Secret of NIMH website called The Secret of NIMH Source. Take a look!

Share | 
 

 The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-03-17
Location : Phoenix, AZ

PostSubject: The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores   Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:52 am

First topic message reminder :

What better way to start off the NIMH Room board than with a thread about the music of NIMH? Very Happy

OST:
Prologue/Main Title
Allergic Reaction/Athletic Type
Flying Dreams Lullaby/Stealing The Wire
The Tractor
No Thanks
Step Inside My House
The Sentry Reel/The Story Of NIMH
Escape From NIMH/In Disguise
Moving Day
House Raising
Finale/End Title
Flying Dreams

OST Playlist

Rough Complete Score:
'82 UA Logo
Prologue
Main Title
Something Very Important
Jeremy The Crow
Dragon Encounter
Athletic Type
Flying Dreams Lullaby
Stealing The Wire
The Tractor
No Thanks (or The Flight)
Step Inside My House
Jeremy In Disguise
The Sentry Reel
Following Mr. Ages (or At Your Service)
Jeremy Tied Up
Be Brief
Nicodemus And The Story Of NIMH
Escape From NIMH And The Stone
Jenner's Schemes
Under The Mill/The Plan
Jeremy And The Sparkly
Drugging Dragon/Laundry
Moving Day
House Raising
Finale
Flying Dreams
Flying Dreams (Alternate)
End Title

Rough Complete Score Playlist

Are there any other film scores you guys like?  My top favorite non-NIMH Scores (in no particular order) are Raiders of the Lost Ark, How To Train Your Dragon, and Lost in Space.

Steven











Last edited by Pennsylvania Jones on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:12 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-03-17
Location : Phoenix, AZ

PostSubject: Re: The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores   Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Nimhster wrote:
That sounds great! It's always a good idea to play the midi alongside the original song to make sure you've got the tempo down correctly. You did that, so props to you! Smile  Want me to add that midi track as well when I get around to updating the site again?

Indeed it is! The only reason I didn't do that with Flying Dreams, though, is because there were a lot more slight tempo changes than I cared to incorporate, and I figured that, for people who want to use my MIDI data to cover it, a steady tempo was more important.

If you want to add Jeremy The Crow with the other MIDIs on the site, then go right ahead! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-03-17
Location : Phoenix, AZ

PostSubject: Re: The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores   Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:38 pm

I was informed that Intrada was releasing an Expanded Album for the Secret of NIMH:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9739/.f

While, sadly, it won't be as drastically expanded as the Back To The Future complete score they released, it contains all of the newly discovered original material they could get their hands on, and that includes the cue "At Your Service"—which I had previously titled "Following Mr. Ages"—and three newly discovered demos for Flying Dreams.  I will add these cues to my Rough Complete Score once they've been uploaded to Youtube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores   Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Pennsylvania Jones wrote:
I was informed that Intrada was releasing an Expanded Album for the Secret of NIMH:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9739/.f

While, sadly, it won't be as drastically expanded as the Back To The Future complete score they released, it contains all of the newly discovered original material they could get their hands on, and that includes the cue "At Your Service"—which I had previously titled "Following Mr. Ages"—and three newly discovered demos for Flying Dreams.  I will add these cues to my Rough Complete Score once they've been uploaded to Youtube.
Oh wow, this is some awesome news, thanks for sharing! I've always wondered why they did not add any of the minor scores when they originally sold the soundtrack. Will they be selling the soundtrack as physical copies as well?

I can't wait to hear those Flying Dreams demos as well, hopefully they are original recordings rather than someone covering it.

_________________
Site owner of The Secret of NIMH Fandom Website and the administrator of the new NIMH Lodge Forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nimhster.webs.com
Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-03-17
Location : Phoenix, AZ

PostSubject: Re: The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores   Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Nimhster wrote:
Pennsylvania Jones wrote:
I was informed that Intrada was releasing an Expanded Album for the Secret of NIMH:

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9739/.f

While, sadly, it won't be as drastically expanded as the Back To The Future complete score they released, it contains all of the newly discovered original material they could get their hands on, and that includes the cue "At Your Service"—which I had previously titled "Following Mr. Ages"—and three newly discovered demos for Flying Dreams.  I will add these cues to my Rough Complete Score once they've been uploaded to Youtube.
Oh wow, this is some awesome news, thanks for sharing! I've always wondered why they did not add any of the minor scores when they originally sold the soundtrack. Will they be selling the soundtrack as physical copies as well?

I can't wait to hear those Flying Dreams demos as well, hopefully they are original recordings rather than someone covering it.
Well, that was back in the '80s when they first sold the soundtrack.  Vinyl records also couldn't hold as much music as an Audio CD today.  Even a complete score album generally takes up two CDs today.  In the '80s, the soundtrack for Raiders of the Lost Ark had a similar structure; worse than leaving out many cues, different cues fade into each other (like on the NIMH Soundtrack), and Desert Chase was abridged.  It wasn't until 1995 when a fixed Raiders album was released.

Anyways, I do believe we're getting physical copies.  It's on Amazon.com right now, listed as an audio CD. Very Happy

The three demos listed are an End Title Demo by Sally Stevens (which sounds like it might be the source for the "Alternate" I and others have uploaded), a Paul Williams Demo, and a Piano Duet with unspecified performers.  I kind-of want to get this release myself to see the liner notes for it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2012-03-12
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores   Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Pennsylvania Jones wrote:
Well, that was back in the '80s when they first sold the soundtrack.  Vinyl records also couldn't hold as much music as an Audio CD today.  Even a complete score album generally takes up two CDs today.  In the '80s, the soundtrack for Raiders of the Lost Ark had a similar structure; worse than leaving out many cues, different cues fade into each other (like on the NIMH Soundtrack), and Desert Chase was abridged.  It wasn't until 1995 when a fixed Raiders album was released.

Anyways, I do believe we're getting physical copies.  It's on Amazon.com right now, listed as an audio CD. Very Happy
I started thinking about that after I posted and it makes sense. However, it still makes me wonder why they didn't make a 2-CD set with the minor cues having their own disc. Razz Good to know that there will be physical copies, too! I already have a copy of the 1994 release, but I wouldn't mind picking up this edition to add to my small NIMH collection.

Pennsylvania Jones wrote:
The three demos listed are an End Title Demo by Sally Stevens (which sounds like it might be the source for the "Alternate" I and others have uploaded), a Paul Williams Demo, and a Piano Duet with unspecified performers.  I kind-of want to get this release myself to see the liner notes for it.
I could imagine that Sally Stevens demo in the release to be the same version played in some of the international releases of NIMH. The Italian version has Sally Stevens singing for the End Title, which you can listen to here:

_________________
Site owner of The Secret of NIMH Fandom Website and the administrator of the new NIMH Lodge Forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nimhster.webs.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores   

Back to top Go down
 
The Music of NIMH and other Film Scores
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NIMH Lodge :: NIMH Room-
Jump to: