The NIMH Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The NIMH Lodge

A new and improved Lodge for NIMH fans everywhere!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 18, 2015 - There is a new Secret of NIMH website called The Secret of NIMH Source. Take a look!

Site Update February 18, 2017 6:27 PM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder
Nimhster

Site Update February 18, 2017 6:27 PM Empty
PostSubject: Site Update February 18, 2017 6:27 PM    Site Update February 18, 2017 6:27 PM EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 6:27 pm

After being caught up with my job and getting distracted with games among other things, I decided that it was time to brush the dust off of the site again and release another update.

From my previous website update, I transferred a few photos from my photobucket account to my Google Drive storage in hopes of eliminating photobucket's distaste for direct-linking to images. I have noticed that Google Drive also has a tendency to fail when direct linking, but chances of seeing the image only compared to photobucket where they show their own image browser are much lower, making Google Drive more favorable. Over the past few months, I have been transferring the links to my Google Drive account as well as my imgur account as an experiment to compare which site is more reliable when it comes to direct-linking content. imgur has shorter links compared to Google Drive, but the tendency for the link to fail in showing only the image itself is about the same. Simply put, other websites do not like direct linking as you are using their bandwidth, which is understandable and I will discuss this more in another thread soon.

I have uploaded some of the photos to my Webs.com account for a few items that do not have many. Thankfully, they do not take up much space. Note that not all of the images have been transferred yet, but a good portion of them have.

In August of last year, I discovered a new NIMH fansite called The Collection of NIMH created by Azathoth43 here on the forums. His site is a must-see for any NIMH fan as it contains photos and documentation of his massive NIMH memorabilia collection. He conjured up a website banner for me to add to my site and it is now live on the Links page as of this update! Smile

As usual, please report any broken or duplicate links that you come across in this update!

Site Update for February 18, 2017 6:27 PM:

NIMH Merchandise > Apparel, Books & Toys
-Revised item descriptions for the View-Master Disks and The Busy Play Bag.
-Transferred all images (Except for Mrs. Brisby and the Magic Stone) from photobucket to my Google Drive, Imgur, and Webs.com hosting accounts.

NIMH Merchandise > Theatrical/VHS/DVD
-Added two new photos to The Pendants. Pendants of Mrs. Brisby with the amulet and Cynthia Brisby were discovered on worthpoint.com!
-Revised item descriptions for the Production Celluloids, 1983 VHS Release, 1986 VHS Release, 1990 VHS Release, 1994 VHS Release, Phillips CD-i Video Disc, Sony Video 8 Cassette, Bootleg DVD, The Official Flying Dreams Sheet Music, and The Pendants.
-Transferred all images (Except for The Post Cards and The Official Movie Posters) from photobucket to my Google Drive, Imgur, and Webs.com hosting accounts.

NIMH Merchandise > Other Merchandise
-Transferred images of The NIMH Bookmark and NIMH Cup and Mug from photobucket to my Google Drive, Imgur, and Webs.com hosting accounts.

Links
-Added a link to The Collection of NIMH. A new NIMH Fansite dedicated to a massive collection of NIMH memorabilia owned by Azathoth43.
-Moved Desert Mouse's Secret Mouse Hole website under the dead links section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nimhster.webs.com

Site Update February 18, 2017 6:27 PM
Page 1 of 1