The NIMH Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The NIMH Lodge

A new and improved Lodge for NIMH fans everywhere!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 18, 2015 - There is a new Secret of NIMH website called The Secret of NIMH Source. Take a look!

Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder
Nimhster

Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012   Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 pm

We had some awesome lightning storms yesterday here in Manteca. During my sixth and last period, my teacher showed me a picture of a funnel cloud that was spotted near Weston Ranch School during lunch period. Lighting struck near an Ag. Mechanics shop at Sierra High School, causing the entire school to go on lock down until the storm calmed down for awhile. On my way home from school, another bolt of lighting struck the ground in an open field near my neighborhood causing a fire. What was surprising was that it was a block away from where I live! I listened to the San Joaquin & Manteca Fire radio after the fire near my home was put out, and according to the firemen, there were multiple fires caused by the lighting storm. Afterwards, the thunder could be heard roaring for several minutes straight just North East from where we were.

It was an exciting day yesterday and luckily no one was hurt or killed from the tornado that touched down in French Camp. Only a garage was destroyed and a couple of power lines were brought down.

Funnel cloud spotted by one of Stockton's skycams:

Last edited by Nimhster on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nimhster.webs.com
Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject
Pennsylvania Jones

PostSubject: Re: Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012   Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am

That must've been thrilling! I feel sorry for any rodents that may've been in that garage, though. Wink

Steven
Back to top Go down
Desert Mouse
Farm Rat
Desert Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012   Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:50 am

Pennsylvania Jones wrote:
That must've been thrilling! I feel sorry for any rodents that may've been in that garage, though. Wink

Steven
Rat looks up, Oh krap!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012   Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tornado near Stockton, California April 11, 2012
Page 1 of 1