The NIMH Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The NIMH Lodge

A new and improved Lodge for NIMH fans everywhere!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
May 18, 2015 - There is a new Secret of NIMH website called The Secret of NIMH Source. Take a look!

RANDOMNESS!!!

Go down 
+2
Nimhster
Pennsylvania Jones
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject
Pennsylvania Jones

RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:31 am

First topic message reminder :

A thread for posting any random thoughts you may have, provided they do not interfere with the rules.

At the moment, I don't have any random thoughts to post here. Crying or Very sad

Steven
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject
Pennsylvania Jones

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Azathoth43 wrote:
Random? I'm building a website to showcase my NIMH collection. How's that for random?

Welcome to the Lodge, Azathoth! RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 Applause RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 Applause RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 Applause Oh, and thanks for the Subscribe! Wink

Steven
Back to top Go down
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder
Nimhster

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Azathoth43 wrote:
Random? I'm building a website to showcase my NIMH collection. How's that for random?

Welcome Azathoth! That's sounds pretty good for being random, I'd like to see it when it's done! If you'd like me to, I could post some of your pictures up on the merchandise pages of my site. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nimhster.webs.com
Pennsylvania Jones
NIMH Test Subject
Pennsylvania Jones

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 am

I've tested the Emergency Facepalm System on three different forums. It worked perfectly on this forum, it crashed on IndyLounge, and it's not responding on Thorn Valley.

Steven
Back to top Go down
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder
Nimhster

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Emergency Facepalm Success rate is currently at 33.3% it seems. RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 4238535738
Back to top Go down
shivermetimbers
Mousekin
shivermetimbers

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Hello everyone, shivermetimbers here! Yes, I'm the same guy who posts on Thorn Valley with the same username. What a twist! I'm not a huge SoN fan as I consider the film to be flawed in some aspects, but I totally respect that's a children's film that treats kids with respect with its themes of motherhood and its use of great animation.

I love cinema, and if given the option, I would totally like to pursue a career in film criticism. I also like horror and video games and having the two mixed to good effect. Just a little quick info about my interests. I don't read much and I know I'm missing out on a lot of great literature. I am, however, starting to change that by reading the autobiography of Malcolm X and I'll eventually go on to read Jurassic Park.

I'd also like to point out that, unintentionally, I've acted like a jerk over at Thorn Valley. Not only that, but I posted a lot of arguments and just general nonsense that was really incoherent and immature. Looking back I can only frown at myself looking at my post history. Civil debate and discussion was what I was trying to spark up most of the time, but more often than not I was actually sparking up the opposite. It's never my intention to harm others, and hopefully I can start here with a clean slate.

So yeah, with that out of the way, happy new year and best wishes to you all.
Back to top Go down
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder
Nimhster

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 am

shivermetimbers wrote:
Hello everyone, shivermetimbers here! Yes, I'm the same guy who posts on Thorn Valley with the same username. What a twist! I'm not a huge SoN fan as I consider the film to be flawed in some aspects, but I totally respect that's a children's film that treats kids with respect with its themes of motherhood and its use of great animation.

Welcome aboard shivermetimbers, glad to have to here with us! I do agree that NIMH isn't a 'perfect' film and is missing some things, but I believe it deserves a spot in animation history. Smile

shivermetimbers wrote:
I love cinema, and if given the option, I would totally like to pursue a career in film criticism. I also like horror and video games and having the two mixed to good effect. Just a little quick info about my interests. I don't read much and I know I'm missing out on a lot of great literature. I am, however, starting to change that by reading the autobiography of Malcolm X and I'll eventually go on to read Jurassic Park.

I think you would make a great film critic. A good movie review site that I know called Rotten Tomatoes lets you rate and review any film that's in the website's database. It's nice to read others' opinions! As for books, I don't read as much as I used too. I read Marley and Me at the cabin I went up to shortly before New Years Eve but I didn't have enough time to finish it. So far, it was pretty good.

shivermetimbers wrote:
I'd also like to point out that, unintentionally, I've acted like a jerk over at Thorn Valley. Not only that, but I posted a lot of arguments and just general nonsense that was really incoherent and immature. Looking back I can only frown at myself looking at my post history. Civil debate and discussion was what I was trying to spark up most of the time, but more often than not I was actually sparking up the opposite. It's never my intention to harm others, and hopefully I can start here with a clean slate.

So yeah, with that out of the way, happy new year and best wishes to you all.

I've made myself look silly on Thorn Valley back when I joined in 2006. I was only 12 then and just started getting into the whole NIMH-craze. I used to make a lot of nonsense posts and bumped old threads that didn't need to be brought up again. Last year, I went back and edited all of my old posts to make them look less ridiculous than they already were. I still feel silly when I think about how I posted back then, but I've become more mature now that I'm seven years older.

It's always great to start fresh, and I think you'll do just fine here. Wink Happy new year to you too!
Back to top Go down
Nimhster
The NIMH Lodge Founder
Nimhster

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Heyo! Sorry I haven't been so active on updating the forum or website as of late. I have just entered college a couple of weeks ago so I am trying to squeeze in time to brush the dust off of this forum.
Back to top Go down
Neofox
NIMH Lodge Moderator

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:54 am

*tries swishing dust off with his tail?*  Did that help any? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RANDOMNESS!!!   RANDOMNESS!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RANDOMNESS!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NIMH Lodge :: The Lounge-
Jump to: